Getting an investor’s attention may come naturally to you but keeping it is essential. Within the first thirty seconds of conversation, you can make errors that completely dissuade your potential investor from actually investing. Today we will talk about how to get investors’ attention, how to keep it, and pitch anything. Learning how to effectively communicate is the first step in obtaining new investors.
Today we will be joined by Oren Klaff who is the Director of Capital Markets at the investment bank Intersection Capital. He has grown the firm to approximately $2 billion in aggregate trade volume since 2005. He began by pitching million dollar deals in commercial real estate in Los Angeles. Oren is also the author of Pitch Anything, which will be discussed in great depth for good reason. Hint: it contains vital information about communication with a potential investor.
Today, we are going to discuss…
- What the croc-brain is, how it operates, and what you need to do in order to get past it
- How to control the frame of the conversation to establish a variety of powerful and positive aspects of business including credibility
- The concept of Prizing, which is especially important for new real estate entrepreneurs
- How to intentionally create tension during your pitch
- The concept of time framing and when you should be using it
Learn more about our guest: