Chances are, at some point in your life you’ve been asked “Why?” incessantly by a young kid before. Usually, you’re able to answer the first few whys, but as time goes on it becomes more and more difficult to answer. Once you get down to the foundational truths, it becomes ambiguous and uncomfortable to answer. Sometimes, it’s not even possible to explain the foundational truths because it is ingrained in us that this is just the way that it is.
Our guest for today is Steve Patterson, who is a philosopher, an author, and the host of the Patterson in Pursuit podcast. Steve has a passion for learning and has traveled the world to interview intellectuals about big ideas. Since he works outside of academia, he has free time to spend researching, writing articles, and producing videos, books, and podcasts.
Today we are going to discuss…
- How our guest’s pursuit of truth led him to have conversations with various sector leaders at some of the most prestigious universities in the world
- What our guest learned during those discussions
- How can we know if objective truth exists or not
- Why misconceptions about metaphysics could lead to some dubious claims about mathematics, infinity, and calculus
- Why our guest is against the current Covid-19 lockdowns and what this situations shows about the US’s political and scientific sphere