If you’ve been listening to this show for any amount of time, you’ve likely picked up on the fact that I am very bullish on the senior living sector for many reasons…
- Highly favorable demographics
- Complexities of the asset class create an opportunity for value-creation through ancillary income
- Significant delta between purchase cap rates and interest rates, particularly through the use of HUD financing
My interest has been piqued, especially now that Covid has slightly reduced the competitiveness of the space, though it is still VERY difficult to find favorable opportunities, given so many private equity firms are seeing the same favorable data that I am.
Despite my interest in the space, it’s been very difficult for us to find the right operating partner in the sector.
This is in part because the asset class is very fragmented, and there isn’t a centralized reliable resource that annotates those operators who are growing quickly and having the most success, like there is in many other asset classes in which we have participated over the years.
In fact, it actually reminds me of the mobile home park business from 2011-2013.
After many years of due diligence, we are confident we found an excellent operator who has a significant amount of market knowledge in Florida, likely the most favorable place to invest in senior living in the US.
Today, we have an interview with the CEO of Innovation Senior Living (ISL), the operating partner of our Wellington Senior Living opportunity, which is available on our platform.
In this episode, we are going to discuss…
- Why our guest focuses on what she refers to as “the Forgotten Middle” – a completely underserved, and quite significant, demographic in the senior living vertical
- What our guest’s experience has been like working through Covid, and what lessons she learned along the way
- What has Florida’s response to Covid been, and how have the lack of restrictions impacted the senior living market?
Tune in to learn about ISL’s unique buying criteria, and also see why we’re so excited to be partnering with ISL on our new investment opportunity.
Interested in learning more?
Register for our upcoming webinar on the Senior Living sector? Click here to register now.
Interested in investing in ATMs? Check out our webinar.
Please note that investing in private placement securities entails a high degree of risk, including illiquidity of the investment and loss of principal. Please refer to the subscription agreement for a discussion of risk factors.
Tired of scrambling for capital?
Check out our new FREE webinar – How to Ensure You Never Scramble for Capital Again (The 3 Capital-Raising Secrets). Click Here to register.